estate agency services
Mactaggart Property Estate Agency Terms.
Mactaggart Property will be happy to act as Estate Agents and accept your instructions on the following terms and conditions:-
A Home Report by a surveyor is required before the property is placed on the market.
You can instruct the Home Report yourself or ask us to instruct it for you. If we instruct it, we will give you the Property Questionnaire to complete and we will email the draft parts of the report for your approval. You will have to reply to the surveyors when they contact you for approval of their terms. The cost of the Home Report has to be paid up front.
Once the Home Report is available, Mactaggart Property will take your instructions, view your property and take measurements and photographs. We shall discuss the price with you.
- Draft Particulars, have them checked by you and print Particulars for distribution.
- Have a Display Card prepared for window or internal display.
- Arrange for "For Sale" Property Broad or Notice.
- Insert Advertisements in the relevant publications.
- Insert Website adverts in our own Property Website which links to Rightmove.
- Distribute Particulars and deal with all enquiries.
- Tell interested parties they can view the Home Report online for free. If a printed copy is requested we will copy the Home Report and distribute, on payment by the potential purchaser of the £10 (or £12 if posted) copying charge.
- Arrange access for viewing and for Surveyors or Specialists.
- Fix a closing date and/or receive offer.
Our charges for this work will be as follows:-
- If we instruct the Home Report our marketing fee will be £200 and V.A.T. The cost of the Home Report will require to be paid up front. A Home Report ordered by us from DM Hall currently costs £360.00 for properties with a value up to £100,000, £420.00 between that and £150,000, £480.00 between that and £200,000 and £600.00 between £200,000 and £300,000.
- Where a Home Report has already been obtained a marketing fee of £150 plus Vat.
- Estate Agency Commission on sale of 1.5% plus V.A.T. and outlays (minimum commission £1000 and V.A.T.). The outlays will be for website insertion and the uploading and use of the Estate Agency portal Rightmove at £60, the actual cost to us of any newspaper adverts or the cost of inclusion on any other Websites, and the actual cost of photographs (normally £5). The commission, V.A.T. and outlays will be deducted from the proceeds of sale on the date of settlement.
- Should you withdraw the property from being marketed by us we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of time involved to that point. The cost will be based on our Standard Hourly Rate currently £185, plus V.A.T. All outlays will also have to be reimbursed if not already paid.
- Should an offer in excess of the asking price be declined and the property withdrawn from the market then we reserve the right to charge our standard sale commission on the proposed sale price in addition to recovering any outlays incurred.
Updated April 2018.